Top 20 ways mom entrepreneurs make it happen every day
Mompreneurs work hard to make their business successful. Mompreneurs have found that to be successful, mompreneurs need to focus on the needs of the mom and the different mom customer segments mompreneurs serve. This includes being a mompreneur mom, a mom mompreneur, a working mom who wants to start her own business from home, or a mom entrepreneur who is already running a successful business. For example, for mothers with babies and toddlers, mom entrepreneurs need appropriate daycare that can care for the children while they run errands or work on projects at home. It's important for mom entrepreneurs to do market research, to make sure mompreneurs have the mom market they want to target and mompreneurs are offering a service or product moms need. Mompreneurs also need to be able to balance being mom-centered and business-centered in order for their business to run smoothly.
Here are the Top 20 ways mompreneurs make it happen every day.
- One way mompreneurs have been able to maintain a work-life balance is by modifying their routines. For example, some have opted for shorter workdays and longer weekends while others have switched their day off from Friday to Tuesday. Mompreneurs can also modify the location of their office space; they may choose to work at home or in an outside office, depending on the needs of their particular business. The more control mompreneurs have over their time and space, the easier it will be for them to establish healthy work-life balance.
- Mompreneurs need appropriate daycare that can care for the children while mompreneurs run errands or work on projects at home. It's important for mom entrepreneurs to do market research and find out what mom entrepreneurs exactly want. A mompreneur can also be a mom entrepreneur, working mom or mom president of her own business.
- Mompreneurs must have the right attitude in life. They need to learn how to cope with stress using positive thinking, faith and humor. If you have an entrepreneurial mind set, you know that you will encounter stressful situations from time to time as is in the course of any kind of business venture, even if your home based business is small and very personal to you. However, it is much easier to handle these situations when all forces support you and are on your side- all in the name of healthy work-life balance which we all dearly need.
- Mompreneurs should keep their online store simple by only offering a few products, and make sure that more than one family member is involved in the website creation process for mom entrepreneurs who have young children at home.
- For mompreneurs with little time to spend on their business, outsourcing is the best option they could go for. It saves mom entrepreneur's time from running around doing administrative tasks such as accounting and legal paperwork etc., thus mom can concentrate on other areas of her business without being bogged down with day-to-day admin tasks.
- One of mom entrepreneur's biggest challenges are facing hostility from family or society when they decide to start working from home, because it may be difficult for mompreneurs to overcome mom's guilt of not being there when their child needs them physically. Another challenge mom entrepreneurs may have is preparing the kids about mom going out and working from home as this concept might be a little difficult to understand by the children especially if they are still young.
- Given that most mompreneurs balance work, home life, and family responsibilities with the help of other family members or daycare facility, quite often mom can find herself in situations where she has too much on her plate and then resentment kicks in because mom wants to make everything right within her own family unit, meanwhile mom pays no attention to her own health which is also very important aspect of maintaining good health for mom entrepreneur is practicing regular exercise and eating right.
- To avoid mom entrepreneur's guilt mompreneurs should set aside at least one day out of their week to do something together as a family unit, this will help mom entrepreneurs know that they are not neglecting anyone when mom is working from home because mom has already made time for mompreneur's families during the week of mom taking care of her own business needs and other life scenarios.
- Mom entrepreneurs must remember that they are moms first before anything else; it is important for mom entrepreneurs to establish realistic goals with attainable deadlines so mom can stay motivated within herself and knows what she has to accomplish by the end of each day, week or month depending on how fast mom entrepreneur wants to climb the mompreneurship ladder.
- If mompreneur is a mom entrepreneur who has her own website, it's important that mom communicates with mompreneurs and understand what they are going through on their mom entrepreneurship journey as mom will be able to relate better to fellow mom entrepreneurs than if she were dealing with a business partner who may not have children or close relatives at home .
About working from home:
- Home office can be a very stressful place for mom entrepreneur when the kids are present because most of the time mom would find herself in situations where both work and family responsibilities require immediate action all at the same time. This makes working from home unattractive for some moms especially those who have young babies or toddlers.
- Another mom entrepreneur challenges are that mompreneurs need to strike a balance between how much mom will be involved in her business, the amount of time mom wants to spend with her children and family needs such as having mom around most of the time especially if mom has young children at home or taking care of aging parents etc., and outside commitments of mom such as social, community gatherings, etc.
- A successful mompreneurship can also bring happiness into a mom's life who is struggling because she was able to find part-time job which will allow her some financial security but more importantly mom will have had found purpose in life once again where she realized she was doing something good by providing opportunities for other women who professionally want to work from home mompreneurs will find it easier to maintain a mompreneur work/life balance.
About mom entrepreneur's first child:
- When mother first has her first child mom becomes mother therefore mom's identity becomes mom not business owner, mom gets very absorbed into raising her baby and taking care of herself and may have very little time for anything else; mom entrepreneurs should set aside at least 30 minutes each day where mom can do something for self i.e., read books, write blog posts or watch motivational video clips online which will help mom stay focused on achieving goals.
- Another important aspect of being a successful mom entrepreneur is having network support from other moms who are in the same shoes as mompreneurs mom entrepreneurs should attend mom entrepreneur business seminars, mom entrepreneur conferences, mompreneur workshops etc. where mom can meet mompreneurs who want to start their own businesses from home .
- If mompreneur wants to build her own online community this will definitely help mom with maintaining good mompreneur work/life balance since mom will have a support system which she can rely upon when things go wrong such as family crisis, sick child or aging parents etc.
- Another way for mom entrepreneurs to find balance is by organizing small and large social gatherings for fellow mom entrepreneurs and their families; doing so will provide moms with an opportunity to be out of the house interacting face-to-face other mompreneurs and mom will have chance to meet mompreneurs who want to succeed in mom entrepreneurs .
About mom being new mom entrepreneur:
- For mom entrepreneurs who are just starting out with mompreneur business, it is important that mom takes one day at a time i.e., the first step mom can take towards achieving goals is by planning what she has to get done for tomorrow or for the next week; this way mom will find it easier to attain mom preneur work/life balance because she'll have set her own personal short-term objectives and realistic long-term goals and carefully organized day accordingly.
- When first getting started as mom entrepreneur, mom should also make sure that she follows mom entrepreneur business plan carefully because mom has to divide her time between mompreneur work and mom mom responsibilities such as caring for mom mom's own children, aging parents, mom mom's spouse, etc.
- Becoming a mompreneur means that mom will be responsible for raising herself when mom becomes mom entrepreneur so it is important for mom to set realistic short-term objectives and long-term goals in order to achieve something by the end of year whereas before mom had very little or no goals at all; this way mom will find it easier to create work/life balance because she'll know exactly what needs doing and when along with having reached major milestones which are important personally as well as professionally .
To maintain a mompreneur work/life balance, mom entrepreneurs should take steps to ensure that they are able to find time for themselves and their families. The first step is setting aside at least 30 minutes each day where mom can do something for self i.e., read books, write blog posts or watch motivational video clips online which will help mom stay focused on achieving goals.
Another important aspect of being a successful mom entrepreneur is having network support from other moms who are in the same shoes as mompreneurs such as attending mom entrepreneur business seminars, mom entrepreneur conferences, or even hosting your own social gatherings with fellow mother entrepreneurs and their families so you can meet like-minded individuals who want success as much as you do!
For those just starting out mompreneurs should take one day at a time, mom entrepreneurs should make sure that they follow mompreneur business plan carefully because mom has to divide her time between mom mom responsibilities such as caring for mom mom's own children, aging parents, mom mom's spouse, etc. and mompreneur work so mom should make sure that mom sets realistic short-term objectives and long-term goals in order to achieve something mom the end mom year whereas before mom had very little or no goals at all; this way mom will find it easier to create a great work/life balance because you'll know exactly what needs doing and when along with having reached mom major milestones which are important personally as well as professionally.
The mompreneur is a hardworking mom who wants to maintain the balance between being a mom and an entrepreneur. To do so, they need to plan out their day in 30 minute increments; take one day at a time by setting short-term objectives and long-term goals for themselves; find support from other mom entrepreneurs through social gatherings or conferences; and be able to set realistic expectations that are achievable but ambitious enough. The more mompreneurs can follow these simple steps, the better chance of success they will have when running their own business as well as balancing motherhood responsibilities.
For more information on this subject, please visit: https://motherindustrialist.com/
About the author of this article:
Kenneth Choo is a happily married father of one. He has written and published the book 'Mother Industrialist: Perfecting the Balance between Motherhood and Business Success' to help empower women in business, while also being an active speaker on topics such as mompreneurship and work-life balance.
His podcast Mompreneur Space Pod serves as an intimate conversation with female entrepreneurs from different backgrounds who share their stories, challenges, insights and advice on how they have managed to overcome these obstacles in their entrepreneurial journey.
He founded KC Creative Marketing Pte Ltd in 2017, which aims at helping businesses grow through strategic digital marketing consultancy services that are tailored to meet clients’ needs strategically and to help small business owners succeed online.
A championing male ally, he helps women by being an active supporter and promoter of gender harmony through Women Empowerment Events like Mompreneurship Workshop and Women Changemakers Summit.
Follow Kenneth Choo on his social media handles below:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/motherindustrialist